Looking for high protein sweet snack? These Ricotta and Orange Muffins are made with ricotta and Greek yoghurt to provide a protein hit, while the orange juice and raw caster sugar give the sweetness to crush those afternoon sugar cravings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
¼ cup (60ml) orange juice
1 tbsp poppy seed
2 ½ cups (380g) self-raising flour
1 cup raw caster sugar
2 tbsp orange rind, finely grated
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup (60ml) light olive oil
1 cup (240g) firm ricotta
1 cup (280g) plain Greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Place 12 muffin casings in a 12 x ½-cup-capacity muffin tin.
- Soak poppy seeds in orange juice for 10 minutes
- Place flour, raw caster sugar and orange rind in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, olive oil, ricotta, Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract and orange juice and poppy seed mix, and mix until combined. The mixture should be free of ricotta lumps.
- Spoon mixture into muffin casings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
For another delicious muffin recipe, see Milo Muffins.