Keep your immune system firing this winter with my delicious antioxidant-rich Papaya and Chicken Salad. Papaya contains a unique bundle of vitamins, minerals and antioxidant carotenoids that help keep your immune system firing. Not only is this immune-boosting salad delicious, it only takes 15 minutes to make.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• ½ Australian papaya, sliced
• ½ cup quinoa
• 1 avocado, chopped
• 200g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup mint
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• 1 cos lettuce, shredded
• 1 BBQ chicken with skin and bones removed and shredded
• 100g Greek feta, crumbed
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on the packet.
2. In a bowl, toss cherry tomatoes, avocado and mint with lime zest and olive oil. Leave to marinate.
3. Place shredded lettuce in bowl. Scatter chicken and quinoa on top.
4. Toss through tomato, avocado and mint mix.
5. Place papaya slices on top of salad.
6. Crumble feta over the top and serve.
I developed this recipe for Papaya Australia. For more tasty papaya recipes, visit the Papaya Australia website.