Looking for a fun activity to keep your kids entertained during the latest lockdown? Making these MILO® muffins will fill in time and give you a delicious afternoon snack for the whole family.
I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for MILO®, so when I was asked to work with Nestle and develop a nutritious snack recipe containing MILO® I jumped at the chance. While most of us take our MILO® in a glass of milk, MILO can also be added to your favourite recipes. These MILO® muffins I’ve created are a favourite in my house. I’ve used MILO® instead of sugar and added ricotta and vanilla yoghurt to boost the protein and calcium content. The protein is great for muscle repair and the calcium helps with keeping bones strong. I hope you enjoy these tasty muffins.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
1 cup (120g) almond meal
¼ cup (25g) cocoa powder, sifted
1½ cups (175g) NESTLE MILO®
2 eggs, lightly beaten
⅓ cup (80ml) light olive oil
1 cup (240g) firm ricotta
1 cup (280g) vanilla yoghurt (thick)
2 tsp vanilla extract
Icing sugar for sprinkling, optional
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Place 12 muffin casings in a 12 x ½-cup-capacity muffin tin.
- Place flour, almond meal, cocoa powder and MILO® in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Add eggs, olive oil, ricotta, vanilla yoghurt and vanilla extract, and mix until combined, and the mixture is free of ricotta lumps.
- Spoon mixture into muffin casings.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Allow to cool in tin for 5-10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar if desired.
For more MILO® recipes, download the MILO® Creations Cookbook here.