Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- ½ papaya, sliced and ½ of the slices cut in half
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp grated lime rind
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC.
- Grease a 22cm springform cake tin
- Place coconut sugar, olive oil, eggs, lime rind, lime juice, yoghurt and vanilla extract into bowl and mix for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add self-raising flour and mix until lump free.
- Pour ½ of the mixture into cake tin. Smooth mixture and top with halved papaya slices.
- Pour remaining mixture into cake tin. Smooth mixture and top with remaining papaya slices.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Cover with foil and cook for another 10 minutes, or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in cake tin for 10 minutes before removing. Dust with icing sugar before serving.