Meatballs just got even easier with Peppercorn Food Company’s Extra Lean Meatballs.
Not all of us have the time to prepare delicious meals from scratch. Just because we’re lacking in time, doesn’t mean we want to compromise on taste or nutritional quality. That’s why many of us are looking for convenient food products that are easy to prepare and are also nutrient rich. If you have children, you’re also looking for foods they will eat without making a fuss. When Peppercorn Food Company’s Extra Lean Meatballs arrive on my desk, I knew this was a product that ticked all the important boxes for families, couples and singles.
Peppercorn Food Company’s Extra Lean Meatballs are gluten-free, contain fresh ingredients (including hidden vegetables for this kids not getting enough), no artificial flavours or colours, and they contain less than 3% saturated fat. Best of all, they taste great! Using the recipe supplied by Peppercorn Food Company, my husband and I whipped up a Meatballs Arrabiata.
At a recent player and partner cooking class, the Rabbitohs also used the Extra Lean Meatballs to make a Fettuccine Romesco. Here’s the recipe for their delicious dish.
Fettuccine with Roast Capsicum & tomato Sauce
Roast Capsicum Sauce
2 red capsicums, quartered, deseeded
4 garlic cloves
125g blanched almond
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat grill on high. Place capsicum, skin die up on an oven tray with garlic.
- Grill for 5 minutes until skins are blackened. Place hot capsicums in a bowl and cover with cling film. Keep covered for five minutes.
- Remove skin from capsicum and garlic.
- Blend all vegetables with the Passata and almonds until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
350g fettuccine pasta
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
250g Peppercorn Food Company Extra Lean Beef Meatballs
1 tbsp olive oil
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2 blanch flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes. Drain. Drizzle with olive oil to avoid the pasta sticking together.
- Heat a frypan with olive oil. Add meatballs and cook until golden.
- Add cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- Tossed with cooked pasta and capsicum sauce.
- Stir through chopped parsley.
- Finish with shredded parmesan.
Grab your pack of 20 meatballs from Woolworths for $7.99.