Rice Plus is one new product you must try. This powerful blend of rice and wholegrains is a great substitution for any rice dish. With its subtle nutty texture, it tastes delicious and is rich in nutrients. With eight different ingredients, Rice Plus contains four times more fibre and 30 per cent more protein than regular brown rice. It is contains resistance starch and is lower in carbohydrates than regular brown rice – by 26 per cent in fact.
This powerful blend of rice and nutritious wholegrains contains:
– Brown rice: has the nutritious bran layer intact and is rich in fibre, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B6.
– White basmati: is longer than most other types of rice and cooked basmati rice can be uniquely identified by its fragrance.
– BARLEYmax: is a natural, low GI wholegrain with enhanced nutritional benefits – it has twice the fibre of regular grains and four times the resistant starch.
– Pearled barley: is a nutritious grain with a mild, nutty flavour. Pearled barley is a food source of fibre, selenium, phosphorus and manganese.
– White quinoa: is a gluten-free grain that originated in South America. While it is not a true grain (it is actually a seed) It is a good source of iron, calcium, magnesium, copper and manganese.
– Red basmati: is higher in fibre than white rice and is rich in iron, calcium and B vitamins. The antioxidant anthocyanin gives red basmati its reddish colour.
– Black rice: is more purplish in colour than black and high in nutritional value. It contains zinc and copper and has a similar fibre content to brown rice. It’s also rice in antioxidants.
– Black sesame seeds: are similar to sesame seeds and are a good source of calcium, iron, copper, manganese, iron, magnesium and fibre. Black sesame seeds are exceptionally resistant to rancidity.
Who’s eating it?
I used Rice Plus as a substitution for white or brown rice in a fried rice and dished it up as post-workout snack for the South Sydney Rabbitohs. It was easy. I simply cooked the Rice Plus in a rice cooker, cut up and cooked some capsicum, carrot, beans, mushrooms, egg whites and ham and added Rice Plus and some soy sauce. A quick and nutritious snack post workout.
Available from Woolworths.
Have you tasted Rice Plus?